Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

zhow to retrieve tables

zhow to retrieve tables

Author
najeeb_kt2000
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
My Sql server 2005 Database get corrupted coz of some virus infection. No tables are showing now. My database folder contains .mdf, .ldf and file (3 files) can I retrieve my tables using one of this. Any solution please? I don't have any other backups.
Please get a solution.
anthony.green
anthony.green
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.1K reputation)

No backups? Why not?

What is the output from the following command

DBCC CHECKDB <Database Name> WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
When a question, really isn't a question - Jeff Smith
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)SSC-Forever (47K reputation)

If you have no backups then you very likely have lost any data that was in those tables. There are no magic recovery tricks, if the tables are gone, they're gone and the only way to get them back would be to restore a backup.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

prettsons
prettsons
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (191 reputation)

najeeb_kt2000 (7/12/2012)
My Sql server 2005 Database get corrupted coz of some virus infection. No tables are showing now. My database folder contains .mdf, .ldf and file (3 files) can I retrieve my tables using one of this. Any solution please? I don't have any other backups.
Please get a solution.

If you don't have backup, there is only one way to recover corrupt sql server database i.e. third party SQL repair software. These software repairs corrupt sql server database even you don't have backup of your database. You can easily search these software on Google like this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sql+repair+software

SQL Database Recovery Expert :-)
Robert Davis
Robert Davis
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Before you spend money on repair software, be aware that if the data is gone, no software program may be able to recover it. It can't recover what's not there. There is a very limited use case where these programs are actually effective. If you're desparate, it may be worth trying, but you should be aware ahead of time that it probably won't work.

Also, all tables not showing up sounds a lot like a permissions issue. Are you sure the tables are gone and that it's not a case of you don't ahve sufficient privileges?

My blog: SQL Soldier
Twitter: @SQLSoldier
My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring
Microsoft Certified Master, SQL Server MVP
Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management
David Webb-CDS
David Webb-CDS
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)SSC Eights! (916 reputation)

What are the names of the files you have left? Does the SQL Server start? What error messages are you getting? Are all the logins still intact? Can you see the database and the tables aren't there or can you not see the database at all?

And then again, I might be wrong ...
David Webb
andrewmorton22
andrewmorton22
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Reasons like server crashing, system software malfunction, hardware failure and virus infection can easily cause corruption in SQL Server database. When SQL database corrupts, vital data get lost and important business work stops. To handle such situation, database needs to be recovered by some special methods as manual recovery is not possible in severe database corruption issues. There are several third party SQL recovery tools available that can easily repair SQL database and retrieve the data. Don't go for buying the software instantly download the demo version first and check if the software works as intended or not. I have searche one tool for you download it and check if it works http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/sql-recovery.html . I have used other products from the same vendor.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.