SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Database

Database

Author
Samith C
Old Hand
Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)Old Hand (310 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Database

There is no Wrong time to do a Right thing Smile
Jamsheer
Jamsheer
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)Right there with Babe (781 reputation)

Its quite good to post these type of questions. Thank you Samith for the easy point.
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)SSC Guru (99K reputation)

Maybe a little bit too easy :-D
But apparently some people still get it wrong.
Or maybe they just sneezed while picking the answer and thus accidentily clicking the wrong button.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Henrico Bekker
Henrico Bekker
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Koen Verbeeck (7/12/2012)
Or maybe they just sneezed while picking the answer and thus accidentily clicking the wrong button.

Yeah, its worrying to see some people think master is also tempdb...
Ermm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9.4K reputation)

Good: Correct answers: 95% (70)
I never saw a qotd with 100% of correct answers.
kapfundestanley
kapfundestanley
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)

Nice question on basics.Thank you.

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris
Daniel Fountain
Daniel Fountain
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Henrico Bekker (7/12/2012)

Ermm

I am assuming that some people are very new to SQL...... Either that or some people are TSQL writers and have no idea about the inner workings. Also possible.

If a DBA got that wrong....... it would be worrying.
Stuart Davies
Stuart Davies
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (9K reputation)

Henrico Bekker (7/12/2012)

Ermm

Currently 5% are confusing it with Model !

Thanks for the question

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden Smart way to ask a questionThere are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
Stewart "Arturius" Campbell
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)SSC-Insane (24K reputation)

good back-to-basics question, thanks

Drenlin
Drenlin
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)SSC-Addicted (471 reputation)

Thanks for the question. I need a back to basics style question now and then to ensure I do have the basics.
A good explanation as well for those that got it wrong without relying on the person understanding the linked MSDN articles (which face it can be confusing to the beginner).

I may not do in depth into the programming yet but it doesn't stop me having a go with every question.
This was one of the few questions I could answer with certainty (excluding humour ones).
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.