SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Answers to these questions

Answers to these questions

Author
SKYBVI
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,
I have been studying SQL Server DBA interview questions from the net and find these questions in wich I am unclear of the solutions :-

1) If a database goes down for whatever reason (assume data file is corrupt) and the database cannot be brought back online (i.e. you are in a recovery situation), what must be done first to ensure you can retrieve the latest data modifications assuming the database is set to the FULL recovery model?

ans :- meanwhile connect to the log shipping server.

2) What can you do to guarantee any backup is valid?

ans :- restore verifyonly from backup

3) What special type of page within SQL Server that is responsible for tracking (via a simple bitmap) extents that have been modified since the last "BACKUP DATABASE" statement?

I had more questions to ask ,wenever i recall, i will again post here only.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sushant
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

Tried google? I know the answers to at least 2 of those can be easily found.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

SKYBVI
SKYBVI
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

GilaMonster (5/25/2012)
Tried google? I know the answers to at least 2 of those can be easily found.

i need to know 1st and 3rd answer

Regards,
Skybvi
anthony.green
anthony.green
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

All three of the answers to them can be found on google.

Copy your questions, place them into google and you will get the answer. I have just copied one and all three answers are on the same page.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
When a question, really isn't a question - Jeff Smith
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

heymiky
heymiky
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)SSC Eights! (921 reputation)

anthony.green (5/30/2012)

Copy your questions, place them into google and you will get the answer. I have just copied one and all three answers are on the same page.

true dat!
SKYBVI
SKYBVI
SSCommitted

anthony.green (5/30/2012)

I dont know whcih search engine u are using or which server...BUT i can get only questions , but no answers...

Couldn't u just provide me the link.

Thanks.

Regards,
Skybvi
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+page+tracks+extents+modified+since+last+full+backup

First, second, third and fourth hits.

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+needs+to+be+done+to+recover+a+database+up+to+point+of+failure

First, second, third, fourth and fifth hits.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Charles Hearn
Charles Hearn
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)SSC Eights! (805 reputation)

Reading comprehension is a big part of being DBA.

This is the very first link I hit on Google.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chadboyd/archive/2007/07/17/so-you-think-you-know-sql-administration-part-i.aspx
SKYBVI
SKYBVI
SSCommitted

Thanks a lot

Regards.
Skybvi
SKYBVI
SKYBVI
SSCommitted

Charles Hearn (5/30/2012)
Reading comprehension is a big part of being DBA.

This is the very first link I hit on Google.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chadboyd/archive/2007/07/17/so-you-think-you-know-sql-administration-part-i.aspx

Thanks a lot

Regards.
Skybvi
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.