Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

compatibility problem Win7

compatibility problem Win7

Author
liebesiech
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
My first thought was that you are using an ActiveX control which is causing this issue. What I usually do first is checking the references (see image). Sometimes you get very weird messages if something is wrong with them or if they are missing.

Have you tried a decompile (http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm)

Just guessing...
Attachments
VBAIDE_References.jpg (11 views, 18.00 KB)
peter478
peter478
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)

My ms access dbases were created initially under ms access 2000, 2003 so I didn't make a special upgrade...
peter478
peter478
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)SSC Journeyman (83 reputation)

Here are my references...
I didnt change references, they were set default.

Could be a problem with code pages setting in windows7 ? ...I am just thinking
...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...
Attachments
references.jpg (10 views, 74.00 KB)
liebesiech
liebesiech
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (146 reputation)

No sure if the codepage could cause this.
Just another idea: Create a new empty adp file and import everything from the file where you have the problem.
peter478
peter478
SSC Journeyman

I created new adp file imported all (forms, reports, modules) but the same error message.
liebesiech
liebesiech
SSC-Enthusiastic

In your orignial post you wrote "When I want to open some form, the same error message appier.". So, not all forms have this problem, just some?
What is the difference between those having the problem and those who don't?
peter478
peter478
SSC Journeyman

Every form that concern an event has this problem.
If a form is without event than is opened properly, but I have practically everywhere OnLoad event...or another type of event
WendellB
WendellB
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)

peter478 (5/24/2012)

...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell
Evergreen, CO

Wendell
Colorful Colorado
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!
peter478
peter478
SSC Journeyman

WendellB (5/25/2012)
peter478 (5/24/2012)

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell
Evergreen, CO

Yes I checked this Interface DLL ... but the same error...is it possible to download/install Active X dataobject 2.5 to access?
WendellB
WendellB
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)SSC Veteran (247 reputation)

I've tested several combinations of OS and Access, and with the ADP format I always get the 2.5 version. Unfortunately I don't have SQL Server 2000 to test against, so I can't exactly replicate your situation. Have you scrolled down the list of references so see if the 2.5 version shows there? It is alphabetical, so it will be pretty close to the top of the ones that start Microsoft....

Wendell
Colorful Colorado
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.