SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c...Someone help please

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c...Someone help please

Author
talk2charles2day
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
a new instance of SQL Server 2008 was installed and it would only allow you enter with Windows authentication. When you try sa logon it fails. Please what's the issue? I saw this error in the Event viewer log, thought it might be connected:

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. [CLIENT: 192.168.43.69].

Any solutions?

Charles.
Jayanth_Kurup
Jayanth_Kurup
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

have u had a look at this
http://www.secretgeek.net/boring_sql_one.asp

Have u tried connecting to the server any other way?

Jayanth Kurup
talk2charles2day
talk2charles2day
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)SSC Rookie (49 reputation)

Hi
Jayanth_Kurup,

I discovered I could connect via Widows Authentication, but when I changed the password it still didn't work.
So I checked the error log and found that the installation was not configured to accept mixed mode authentication.

So I got in again via Windows Auth and changed the settings.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx.

It's Okay now. Thanks.
wondermorris8
wondermorris8
Valued Member
Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)

Hi Jaynath,
I am a newbie. Now I found answer for this problem. How do I find out user name. Since the logs just gives me [Client: 00.000.00.00]. And I work from a remote location. So If you could guide me that would be great help.
Thanks in advance
ARC211
ARC211
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)

@wondermorris8

I am experiencing the same issue... Did you figure out how to find the user\account?
wondermorris8
wondermorris8
Valued Member
Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)Valued Member (56 reputation)

Hi Arc211, yes I found solution on how to find user by IP address.
In cmd prompt type ping -a youripaadress

This will let you know user machine.

Sorry didn't check this mail earlier. Hope this can still help.
ARC211
ARC211
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (135 reputation)

I was actually talking about the SQL SERVER Login.... I can see the computer that is trying to make the connection but not the account.
ARC211
ARC211
SSC-Enthusiastic

I'm experiencing the same issue again, but I still don't know how to determine which user account is the culprit.... Can anyone help?
mubashir.hashmi
mubashir.hashmi
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

I've faced the same issue, but i solved.

Issue:
SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. The logon attempt failed [CLIENT: xxx.xxx.xx.xx]

Solution
Domain controller not behave correctly , multiple gateway some time dis-join or redundancy on single network. change and correct DNS address.

Run -- > type --> ncpa.cpl --> click Ethernet--> properties --> IP V4--> Check primary / Secondary DNS IP address.

connect SQL through window authentication, it will work.

Regards
Mubashir
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.