SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

F5 to refresh

F5 to refresh

Author
PHXHoward
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi, need some help.

On one server when I open Management Studio and click on something in the object explorer and then hit F5, it opens debug instead of doing a refresh.

How can I change F5 back to refresh?

Thanks.

Howard

2012 RC0
PHXHoward
PHXHoward
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)Right there with Babe (759 reputation)

Found it in Options/Keyboard

Listed under Debug.Start

It was F5 global and Alt+F5 in query editor. Wonder why it was changed.

F5 has always been refresh.
Gazareth
Gazareth
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Sort of relatedly, but when I first moved to SSMS from Query Analyser/Enterprise manager, took me months to stop hitting the debug button on the toolbar, rather than Execute :-D

And don't get me started on how many times I accidentally published an entire Reporting Services solution from BIDS... w00t
SQLUserC
SQLUserC
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)

Thanks for this thread. I was having the same problem, and finding out the keyboard command allowed me to unbind F5 from debug.

However, for some reason, F5 is still not refreshing in Object Explorer. Does anyone know the name of the command to use for that? I am using SQL 2012 incidentally. I also have Visual Studio 2012 installed. I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.
EdgeOfKnowWare
EdgeOfKnowWare
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (106 reputation)

Gazareth (1/26/2012)
Sort of relatedly, but when I first moved to SSMS from Query Analyser/Enterprise manager, took me months to stop hitting the debug button on the toolbar, rather than Execute :-D

I've haven't used Query Analyzer in about 5 years, but I still catch myself doing that every now and then.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.