SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Elementary Key Attributes

Elementary Key Attributes

Author
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Elementary Key Attributes

Tom

Steve Hall
Steve Hall
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

96% of answers incorrect - you'll be popular! No cheap points here.

Steve Hall
Linkedin
Blog Site
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)

I get it wrong, but I like this kind of questions.
Thanks.

I run on tuttopodismo
paul s-306273
paul s-306273
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

Not quite sure of the relevance of this question.

(Or is that just sour grapes - 2correct answers, 118 incorrect answers so far!)
Iulian -207023
Iulian -207023
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)

Nice one , thank you,

Iulian
hodgy
hodgy
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Ah, I was researching elemenTARTY keys, probably why I got it wrong ;-)

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

Thomas Abraham
Thomas Abraham
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

I said C only: Some other attribute B is fixed by a set including A but by no subset of that set - which is clearly true.

Couldn't get the other two parts though. I guess I join the 98% of answerers that aren't database professionals.

Thanks for the question.

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
Connect to me on LinkedIn
Tom Thomson
Tom Thomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)
Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/Normalisation/74786/">Elementary Key Attributes</A>

I find it quite frightening that so few people know enough about normalisation to get this one right.

Tom

venoym
venoym
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

My only comment is that there is no identifier (per other QOTD's) of how many answers to answer... I got 2 out of 3 but still marked as wrong.
sturner
sturner
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

I got two out of three, which is okay with me.

Of all of my skills and talents, the ability to recite every obscure factoid about relational databases (or any other software system or process) is not at the very top of the list. That place is reserved for critical thinking, analysis and application of experience and creativity to solve problems effectively.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.