SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Installating SSIS with Named Instance

Installating SSIS with Named Instance

Author
SanDroid
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Great question rfr.
Been looking forward to it since you posted that you submitted a question.
I was not disapointed.
OzYbOi d(-_-)b
OzYbOi d(-_-)b
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

good question
Rob Schripsema
Rob Schripsema
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

Great question. The referenced article has a really good overview of how this all hangs together, too. Definitely learned something today!

Rob Schripsema
Propack, Inc.
Cliff Jones
Cliff Jones
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)

I had no idea but made a lucky guess based on the answer that looked like it might be correct.
Miles Neale
Miles Neale
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)

Great question, caught me on this one. But now I know better.:-)

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
Britt Cluff
Britt Cluff
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

I got it right with a lucky guess! Thanks for the question.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/
Joshua M Perry
Joshua M Perry
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (574 reputation)

How timely. I just added a note to this MSDN article yesterday to explain how to deal with multiple instances in a cluster when SSIS is not a cluster resource. This allows you to store your packages in MSDB rather than having to use the file system, which has the advantage of using server storage to protect passwords rather than a user key. The only other thing to watch is the DCOM permissions, and running agent jobs using a proxy tied to a credential that is a member of the local Distributed COM Users group on each cluster node is a great way to manage those permissions. This ensures that agent jobs will be successful regardless of which node an instance is running on.

Joshua Perry
http://www.greenarrow.net
Ken Wymore
Ken Wymore
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)SSCertifiable (5K reputation)

Interesting question. We typically use the file system so I haven't had to encounter this.
Trey Staker
Trey Staker
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Thanks for the question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Full Links:
KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum
CoolCodeShare
CoolCodeShare
Ten Centuries

My answer was based on the logical understanding of instance configurations. And yes I got it correct. Good QoTD. Thanks.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.