What worked for me:
- create the package with the wizard using "Do not save sensitive data";
- import the package to Visual Studio Management;
- right click on the package and "View Code";
- find the connection string, in my case Oracle:
roperty DTS:Name="ConnectionString">Data Source=Oracledb;User ID=userDB;Provider=MSDAORA.1;Persist Security Info=True;</DTS
- modify the string by adding "Password=userPassword"
- save the package;
In my case this eliminated the null password problem, not to mention that, the password in not visible in the connection string.
Hope it works for you!