SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Not able to access Reports (SSRS 2005) using servername in URL

Not able to access Reports (SSRS 2005) using servername in URL

Author
K-SQL-SSC
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Experts,

I have deployed Reports uisng localhost\reportserver on my machine in SSRS2005. Now, my problem is that: I am able to access Rerport Manager using this URL: http://localhost/reports but instead of localhost if I am giving servername (machinename) like: http://myservername/reports then it is not working. I am not able to open the Reportmanager. So, What should be the problem? Is is IP problem ? or something else?
Please help me. Thatnks in advance for the reply..

Thanks,
K-SQL
durai nagarajan
durai nagarajan
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

can you able to ping the server?

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
durai nagarajan
durai nagarajan
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

In IIS - verify that under web service extensions - ASP.NET 2.0 is allowed (not prohibited). If it is not listed at all, it needs to be added and then allowed.

i found from a link check this and try launching and inform the status

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
K-SQL-SSC
K-SQL-SSC
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (105 reputation)

Hi Durai Nagarajan,

At this time I don't have acces to this remote computer. But once I can access this reportserver then I will check this setting and let u know. I will update you.

Thanks for your reply..
KP
durai nagarajan
durai nagarajan
SSCommitted

Hello,

Is this resolved?.

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
eggy168
eggy168
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

Hi, I have the same problem. I don't know should I continue this post or should I create a new one.
Anyhow, I turn the ASP.NET in IIS from version 1.1 to version 2.0. I still can't figure out why the server name is not working.
Beside, no other machines in the same network can access the reports but the only machine that can access reports is the one who has the reporting server installed. Also, it can only access by the URL: http://localhost/ReportServer
I ping the machine's ip and it works. I change the target URL to http://xxxservername/reportserver, but it is not working.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.