SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

What is Windows Internal Database(Microsoft##SSEE) service?

Author
forsqlserver
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Please Please tell..SQL is going to be very Vast?

Thanks
Brandie Tarvin
Brandie Tarvin
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

A quick google of the term gives me this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944267. That tells me this is a Sharepoint service (possibly).

Do you have Sharepoint installed? I know SP does use SQL Server as a back end.

EDIT: Whoops. I may be wrong. I found another article that says:

When a member server or a domain controller is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and has Windows Internal Database installed, you cannot start the Microsoft SQL Server service after you do one of the following:

So maybe it's a domain controller or server thing? Or maybe it's a database internal to the Windows OS that doesn't show up on SQL Server at all.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Brandie Tarvin
Brandie Tarvin
SSChampion
SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)SSChampion (14K reputation)

Aha. As much as I don't trust Wikipedia, this article looks interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Internal_Database

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Jayanth_Kurup
Jayanth_Kurup
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

heres what wiki has to say about this
Windows Internal Database (codenamed WYukon, sometimes referred to as SQL Server Embedded Edition) is a variant of SQL Server Express 2005 that is included with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, and is included with other free Microsoft products released after 2007 that require an SQL Server database backend.

Thanks for asking this , i never knew there was one more version of sql out there.

Jayanth Kurup
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.