SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

cant find download link for SQL server 2005 (64 bit)

cant find download link for SQL server 2005 (64 bit)

Author
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
bopeavy (7/18/2011)
The site will tell you how long the evaluation copy last but i will bet it will not be over 90 days. Probably more like 30 days.

SQL evaluation editions are 180 days.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Welsh Corgi
Welsh Corgi
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)

Edit: I missed Gail's post.Hehe

I'm not going to bet you.:-)

I know it is over 30 days because I got an e-mail at 30 days telling me that I should purchase.

I may have misread the following link but it appears to state that it is good for 180 days?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb671149

Download the fully functional Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Evaluation edition and try the latest features of SQL Server 2008 free for 180 days.

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/
bopeavy
bopeavy
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

GilaMonster (7/18/2011)

bopeavy (7/18/2011)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The site will tell you how long the evaluation copy last but i will bet it will not be over 90 days. Probably more like 30 days.

SQL evaluation editions are 180 days.

Thats why I Quoted "The site will tell you how long the evaluation copy last "

Cool

"There are no problems! Only solutions that have yet to be discovered!"

S_Kumar_S
S_Kumar_S
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Gail
Although its an old thread but i don't see an option when I install with my SQL 2005 32 bit installer,to make it 64 bit.
it plainly installs 32 bit sql, no options for 64 bit??

GilaMonster (7/18/2011)
adas-768309 (7/18/2011)
Hi all
I have been using SQL server 2005 Standard (32-bit).
I am planning to upgrade to 64 bit. But unfortunately I cant find a download link for SQl server 2005 Standard (64 bit). If any one knows the microsoft link, it would be a great help. Thanks a million.AD

No download needed, you can install it from the same disks you installed the 32-bit edition from. The licence is for SQL 2005 Standard edition, not specifically for 32-bit or 64-bit. You can install either.

-----Table Proc Index Performance TSQL &&%$#@*(#@$%.......------------
Deep Into SQL Jungle
2006.shaik
2006.shaik
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

For SQL 2005 version, the media is different for 32 bit and 64 bit. The same media does not work like SQL 2008 and above versions.
Eirikur Eiriksson
Eirikur Eiriksson
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)

adas-768309 (7/18/2011)
Hi all
I am planning to upgrade to 64 bit. But unfortunately I cant find a download link for SQl server 2005 Standard (64 bit). If any one knows the microsoft link, it would be a great help. Thanks a million.

AD

Out of curiosity, why would you want to install an outdated, unsupported and potentially unsecure version of SQL Server instead of a current fully supported and secure version?
Cool
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)SSC Guru (213K reputation)

Please note: 4 year old thread.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Eirikur Eiriksson
Eirikur Eiriksson
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (38K reputation)

GilaMonster (1/10/2016)
Please note: 4 year old thread.

Thanks Gail, I totally missed that fact
Cool
Thought the question was kind of odd but at that point there wasn't enough caffeine in the system.
adas-768309
adas-768309
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)

Thank you so much for your kind response. Yes, the thread was OLD.
Jeff Moden
Jeff Moden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)SSC Guru (205K reputation)

Eirikur Eiriksson (1/10/2016)
adas-768309 (7/18/2011)
Hi all
I am planning to upgrade to 64 bit. But unfortunately I cant find a download link for SQl server 2005 Standard (64 bit). If any one knows the microsoft link, it would be a great help. Thanks a million.

AD

Out of curiosity, why would you want to install an outdated, unsupported and potentially unsecure version of SQL Server instead of a current fully supported and secure version?
Cool

BWAAA-HAAAA!!!!! Because, broken or not, missing features or not, IT'S STABLE! :-D

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced ree-bar and is a Modenism for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column.
If you think its expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. -- Red Adair

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Forum FAQs
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.