SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Getting Up To Speed on SQL Server Denali

Getting Up To Speed on SQL Server Denali

Author
UMG Developer
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I've done a little reading, both of blogs and BOL on Denali, and can see there are some cool things coming, but I will probably wait until at least CTP2 before I start playing with it myself. We just upgraded our main SQL Servers to 2008 R2, so it will probably be a while before we upgrade to Denali/2011, but you never know.
chrisn-585491
chrisn-585491
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

I'm a "knowledge worker", so I keep up on the knowledge that pertains to my work. Even if it's not practical, it's essentially what I'm getting paid for.

I'm the same here. There's a broad number of areas of knowledge that I keep up with that are in some cases only remotely related to my actual roles at work.
Jason-299789
Jason-299789
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

There are some features that im looking forward to testing, especially the Lineage and Object Dependancy part of SSMS.

Of the New T-SQL commands THROW and the new addtions to the EXECUTE command look to be of interest, as im not sure I will ever use SEQUENCE as I cant figure out a use for it at the moment.

The Data Quality tool that MS are introducing that looks as though it may have promise, I just hope its a lot more friendly than the MDS offering in R2.

Then theres the change to the BI stack with the introduction of BiSM, I'm still not sure what its puropse is except to try and start unifying the BI front end under a single UDM.

PS : Has anyone heard when CTP2 is due for release as I've seen posts referencing it without a link to the download site.

Old Hand
Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)Old Hand (327 reputation)

There are some cool stuff's are in "Denali", still refering the BOL & lots of new features in BI tools.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

Have only glanced at the product to date. I downloaded it and was going to do some testing and blogging in my spare time - but it hasn't happened yet.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.