SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The SSIS Data Pump - Step 2 of the Stairway to Integration Services

The SSIS Data Pump - Step 2 of the Stairway to Integration Services

Author
cleroux
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the informative articles!

One quick question: what software application do you use? I have googled and googled, and googled some more. I am using SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 and I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Thanks!
Corné
cleroux
cleroux
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the informative articles!

One quick question: what software application do you use? I have googled and googled, and googled some more. I am using SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 and I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Thanks!
Corné
johnbrown105 56149
johnbrown105 56149
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (110 reputation)

cleroux (5/24/2012)

I have googled and googled, and googled some more ..., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Corné

What are you looking for?
Andy Leonard
Andy Leonard
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

Hi Corné,

In this series, we are using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio. In the very first article in the series, I cover where to find this application. If you do not have SQL Server 2008 R2 client workstation tools installed, you cannot perform the examples provided in this series.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Andy Leonard
Data Philosopher, Enterprise Data & Analytics
cleroux
cleroux
Grasshopper

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am really excited to do your lessons!

Corné
macrocharlie
macrocharlie
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)SSC Veteran (231 reputation)

I guess I am getting into this game a little late but just started the articles since they were in the latest daily newsletter. Just read the Part 1 and just about to start Part 2 when I noticed one of the first lines said "In our last installment (Part 1 – BIDS) you learned your way around Business Intelligence Development Studio and you are now itching to build an SSIS package that moves real data!". Did I miss something or is there another article on BIDS? I use BIDS almost daily for SSRS but have never used it for Integration Services.
Andy Leonard
Andy Leonard
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)SSCrazy (2.2K reputation)

macrocharlie (9/12/2012)
Did I miss something or is there another article on BIDS? I use BIDS almost daily for SSRS but have never used it for Integration Services.

Hi MacroCharlie,

You did not miss anything, but I sure did. You found a typo. Actually, a missed edit. When we started this series, I started writing the first three articles together. I wrote a couple / three versions of "Part 1" and one of them was entitled "BIDS". I later re-wrote and renamed the first article, but didn't catch this edit. It's an error and I apologize for it.

:{>

Andy Leonard
russgriff
russgriff
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Hi, thanks for these articles.

When you say: "Open (or create) the SSIS project named My_First_SSIS_Project from SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project.", are you implying that we've already downloaded/installed some samples? If so, where from?

Many thanks.
Andy Leonard
Andy Leonard
SSCrazy

russgriff (10/12/2012)
Hi, thanks for these articles.

When you say: "Open (or create) the SSIS project named My_First_SSIS_Project from SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project.", are you implying that we've already downloaded/installed some samples? If so, where from?

Many thanks.

Hi Russ,

You found a typo. I wrote a couple versions of the first article in this series. An earlier (unpublished) version was titled "SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project." Please create the SSIS solution where you read that instruction.

Thank you (and apologies),
Andy

Andy Leonard
russgriff
russgriff
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Cool, thanks. Great articles though :-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.