SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Visual Studio Code Names

Visual Studio Code Names

Author
john.arnott
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hugo Kornelis (2/10/2011)
UMG Developer (2/10/2011)
Thanks for the interesting question.

I'm surprised at the number of people that thought DataDude was the name that hadn't been used, that is what I had heard it called the most. (And I am sure Microsoft referred to it as that in one of their sales/marketing events I attended long ago.)

Ditto. When DataDude was officially released as "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals", I simply kept refering to it as DataDude. There's no way I would ever use that incredibly long name.

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Dude". You're Mr. Dude. I'm the DataDude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, or "Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database Professionals" if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Mean Gene
Mean Gene
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)SSC Veteran (218 reputation)

Who cares, who has the time to research this, and how could it possibly help me to know this?Crazy
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)

Gene Branham (2/11/2011)
Who cares, who has the time to research this, and how could it possibly help me to know this?Crazy

Apparently, you had the time to go to the discussion and type in a whole reply, so it should be no issue ;-)

Sometimes questions are more for the "fun" side or they present "nice-to-know-trivia".

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?
My blog at SQLKover.

MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP
SanDroid
SanDroid
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Duncan Pryde (2/10/2011)
I just couldn't believe Datadude was an actual name!

You should listen to DataDude. He knows...

I got it wrong becuase I thought DataSmith was the name of the Data plug-in for Visual Studio when working with Great Plains.
I guess that doesn't count.

I have no idea what Visual Studio product called it "SQL Server Database Tools".
Was that BOSTON? Cool
gwatson 93229
gwatson 93229
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

We call it VSDB round here (DataDude never felt right). Does anyone else?
pjdiller
pjdiller
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)SSC-Addicted (443 reputation)

Funny Stuff!
Peter Trast
Peter Trast
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)Say Hey Kid (708 reputation)

Dude!!!! I guessed it wrong dude, and picked dude! Bummer dude... chaaa, totally bro

Peter Trast
Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.