SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Generate Scripts...

Generate Scripts...

Author
andre.quitta
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)SSC Eights! (873 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I'm pretty new to Replication, so please excuse the newbie sort of approach. We have a development database ICC4, and there is a publication set up to copy tables from ICC4 to the CentralData DB. It is a transactional publication, and CentralData exists on multiple servers.

We have a nightly overlay, where ICC4 is copied from production over to the development server. From what I read, we were supposed to basically delete the subscriptions and publication, overlay the database and recreate the publication and subscriptions afterward.

I used the Generate Scripts method to delete before, and create afterward, but ran into trouble. There still appear to be orphaned publisher records and the code below kept failing (so I commented it out). This made sense since the qreader was never deleted in the earlier code.

--exec [EPC].sys.sp_addqreader_agent @job_login = null, @job_password = null, @frompublisher = 1

We've disabled the publication while we try to figure this out, but I see references to ICC4 in multiple distribution tables. So my questions are:

Is there a better/cleaner way to stop or disable replication while a database is overlayed and then continue it up afterward?

How do I remove the orphaned records that our monitoring system keeps telling us about, with the message: "Replication-Replication Transaction-Log Reader Subsystem: agent _____-ICC4-7 failed. The process could not execute 'sp_repldone/sp_replcounters' on '________'."

I appreciate any insight you guys can provide. Thanks.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.