We had the same problem as Ross was having. Stopping the replication and rebuilding the transactional replication for the single table didn't work.
At first I tried running the sp_repldone with the options to reset the replication:
EXEC sp_repldone @xactid = NULL, @xact_segno = NULL, @numtrans = 0, @time = 0, @reset = 1
EXEC sp_repldone @xactid = NULL, @xact_segno = NULL, @numtrans = 0, @time = 0, @reset = 0
This didn't work.
What I then did was:
- Script all the replications on the database
- Delete all the replications and subscriptions to and from the distribution database (right-click | delete)
- ... and allowing the settings on the subscriber databases to be deleted.
- Take the database out of the list of distributable databases
- Add the database back in to the list of distributable databases
- Apply the scripts to get the replications back
- Re-Initialize all the subscriptions
- up and running !!!
Hope this helps future admins.
Thanks to Ross too.
Searching the KB articles is like
picking your nose. You never know
what you'll find.