SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Enjoying the New Year

Enjoying the New Year

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Enjoying the New Year

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Avatar should probably be on that list. Iron Man 2 would be another good one for the list.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

bkubicek
bkubicek
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4K reputation)

If you are looking for a laugh I would suggest RED. My wife and I watched it and laughed a lot. It is just over the top. I guess you have to sort of like those type of movies.

Ben
hemmingway
hemmingway
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

My suggestions are Tron, Chronicles of Narnia, Red good choices all. Happy new year.
george sibbald
george sibbald
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)

I second Avatar, but it must be in HD, stunning visual quality. good story as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Rod
Rod
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

What movies, from 2010, would I recommend for the technologist? Well, I've not seen what many people consider a great film, "Social Network", so I cannot comment. Of the films I've seen, from 2010, which I would recommend for the technologist I would recommend "Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader", "Red" and "Tron: Legacy". But lastly, although I don't think it is strictly speaking a technologist's movie, I think the best film of the year was "Inception".

Rod
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)SSC Guru (142K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I saw Chronicles, and it was good. I hadn't seen the other two, but this made me want to go rent them.

Iron Man 2 and Red are now on my list.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
J Thaddeus Klopcic
J Thaddeus Klopcic
Valued Member
Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)

Skip Avatar -- get How To Train Your Dragon instead. The technologist gets to be the hero instead of the zero. And, the flight sequences are much better than Avatar, IMHO.
Rod
Rod
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Oh, I forgot to mention Iron Man 2. I thought it was great.

Rod
nelsonj-902869
nelsonj-902869
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

Well, we all went to the movies on Saturday afternoon and divided up into groups....My daughter and I went and saw The King's Speech. Not a technologists flick, but I enjoyed it as a historical saga. Talk about getting shoved into a corner by circumstances!!
The rest of the group went and saw Tron and really liked it. I remember the original Tron and was kinda leery of this latest rendition. Number Twos are usually not that good, but perhaps I'll go see this one.
As for earlier presentations, Avatar was excellent, but I hate paying for 3D....Probably won't do that again.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.