Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Merry Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Author
Steve Jones
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Merry Christmas 2010

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
WayneS
WayneS
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)SSCertifiable (7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
You know, I would think that by now, you would have moved that reset button (or whatever you have to reach up near the camera) to be closer to where you're sitting! :-D

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings

rsolly
rsolly
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Hi Steve,

Just a quick THANK YOU for another year's database support and guidance. I know that putting together the content, week in, week out, must be a real pain but we. the techies, really do appreciate it and find it so useful.

Have a Great Christmas and keep the help coming in 2011.

Many thanks,

Rick Solly
ICT Manager
Waseley Hills High School and Sixth Form Centre
Rubery, Birmingham, UK
Rayis Imayev
Rayis Imayev
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)SSC Rookie (46 reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/23/2010)
Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Editorial/71949/">Merry Christmas 2010</A>

I really liked the last seconds of you video, when you're saying, 'That's what I do' and then you show your hands movements :-)

it was good. Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,
Rayis Imayev.
Stuart Folk
Stuart Folk
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Nice to see the natural side of Steve!

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)SSC-Forever (40K reputation)

WayneS (12/23/2010)
You know, I would think that by now, you would have moved that reset button (or whatever you have to reach up near the camera) to be closer to where you're sitting! :-D

It's on the iPod teleprompter. Can't move it.

I have a remote, but don't always carry it down with me.

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC-Forever

Rick/Rayis/Stuart,

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Rod
Rod
Old Hand
Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)Old Hand (355 reputation)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Rod
Charles Kincaid
Charles Kincaid
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

"I'm Steve Jones ... and this is a cat!" ROFLMAO! I have one now but had two for quite a while. They will make one laugh when little else will. Glad to see that you too have a "feline infection". It's a condition where there is no cure and the only treatment is more cats.

I'll second [third, fourth, whatever] the thanks for starting this and sticking with it. If you had 2% of all the #$sses that you have helped save you could open a donkey ranch.

Happy Christmas. Merry Holidays. Terrific New Year.

P.S. I was going to recommend a teleprompter. There is somebody high in government that got one. Then I saw that you are using one. Hmm. Doesn't seem to have helped him either. Sorry. Sick joke from a former broadcaster.

ATBCharles Kincaid
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC-Forever

I thought the teleprompter would help, but it really doesn't. I have to somewhat translate the writing into words and mess it up more than I would think. Wink

One cat is plenty for now, at least in the house. We have 3 more in the barn, who seem to think that my leg is a tree to climb. Ouch!

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.