SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Creating Dynamic Outputs in SSIS to an SQL Database

Creating Dynamic Outputs in SSIS to an SQL Database

Author
dave-dj
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
mishaluba (11/10/2010)
Love the detailed instructions. Worked for me "out of the box". Thank you!

Thats what I like to hear :-)

SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)

Hi,

Thanks for posting the solution. I am trying to implement the same solution in my test environment and i am getting error. It states "Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly". It throws error on Execute SQL Task. I have followed the same steps as mentioned. I am using SQL Server 2005.

Any help would be appreciated.
dave-dj
dave-dj
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

two things to double check first.

1 - when mapping the parameter User::TxType variable. make sure you set the Parameter name to 0 (zero) (by default it'll be something like parameter 1 ....

2 - check that the result set on the main property page is set to none

SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)SSC Eights! (909 reputation)

I did check both the things and still i am getting the same error.
dave-dj
dave-dj
Ten Centuries

sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you.

I suspect it not actually anything to do with the result set. Double check your SQL statement is correct.

When I put the wrong syntax or value, I got an error message complaining about the result set, when in actual fact I had an error in my T-SQL syntax

SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Dave, good article. Thanks for the mention of my earlier publication as well!

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
ETL Best Practices

dave-dj
dave-dj
Ten Centuries

Tim Mitchell (11/24/2010)
Dave, good article. Thanks for the mention of my earlier publication as well!

no problem - credit where credits due! :-)

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Hi, I am also getting an error when try configuring 'OLE_DST - transactions_':
Error at DFT - Extract Transactions [OLE_DST - transactions_ [28]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult: 0x80040E37 Description: "Table/view either does not exist or contains errors.".

Error at DFT - Extract Transactions [OLE_DST - transactions_ [28]]: Opening a rowset for " transactions_" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.
dave-dj
dave-dj
Ten Centuries

that read like you haven't yet set up the 'dbo.transactions_' table.

this is need so that you configure the adapter. It servers 2 purposes. 1- it provides an actual table for the connection to use and validate against, 2-should you get an issue, it can in error some cases be used as a capture table i.e. duplicate key errors could be redirected to an error output that uses the default table.

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.