SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

after making a non system stored procedure it appears in the system stored procedure folder

after making a non system stored procedure it appears in the system stored procedure folder

Author
bryan van ritter
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi,

i have this strange thing going on. when i create a procedure in the master database it appears in the system stored procedures folder. can anyone explain me how this comes. maybe something to do with the user mapping?? platform: sql server 2005 64-bits enterprise / os : windows 2003 64-bits enterprise

kind regards,

Bryan
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)

What is the name of that SP?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)
bryan van ritter
bryan van ritter
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)Right there with Babe (744 reputation)

the name is random. not a specific name op this SP. let's call it test.
MANU-J.
MANU-J.
SSChampion
SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)SSChampion (11K reputation)

Is your problem resolved?

MJ
bryan van ritter
bryan van ritter
Right there with Babe

My problem is not solved yet. i hope someone can help me on this one. maybe it's a user issue??
so normally when you create a stored procedure in the master database it will not end up in the system stored procedures folder, but in my case it is.

kind regards,

Bryan
paul.knibbs
paul.knibbs
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

You're not prefacing the name of your procedure with sp_, are you? That's reserved for system stored procedures.
bryan van ritter
bryan van ritter
Right there with Babe

No not using sp_.....
Leo.Miller
Leo.Miller
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)

I've tested this on my SQL 2005 server and can't get it to save an object in System Stored procs.

Are you sure they are actually defined as system stored procs? In SQL 2005 the view is a bit misleading as there isn't a seperate User Stored Procs folder. All the user stored procs appear under "Stored Procedures", and there is a seperate "System Stored Procedures" folder on the same level, but it's at the top of the list, so it does look a bit like everythin is in that folder.

Cheers

Leo
@SQLFRNDZ
@SQLFRNDZ
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)

what is the schema of your SP its not sys. right.

if you give the name with sys. spname it creates in system store proc.

--SQLFRNDZ

Leo.Miller
Leo.Miller
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.9K reputation)

pavan_srirangam (10/12/2010)
what is the schema of your SP its not sys. right.

if you give the name with sys. spname it creates in system store proc.

I tested this and it wouldn't let me create a stored proc with the sys. prefix.
Also if you look in System Stored Procs you will see stored procs owned by dbo, so this isn't definitive.

I've looked in sys.sysobjects and can't see any way of identifying a stored proc as belonging to the system stored procs. I'm not sure how SQL determines this, does anyone else?

Leo
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.