Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 


Incorrect MDX query results


Incorrect MDX query results

Author
Message
Don Shields-368041
Don Shields-368041
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 41 Visits: 82
I have a cube with Customer, Item, and ServerTime dimensions and several measure groups. I'm concentrating this query on my Forecast measure. The forecast fact table is linked to the customer dimension via customer account and company id and to the item dimemsion via Item Id and company id. As long as I include the Customer Name attribute from the Customer dimension I get the correct results. When I try to query the Item dimension by itself I get only partial results. If I remove the Customer dimension from the cube and re-query then the results are correct. I have been over the linking in the dsv and the Dimension usage and have not found any problems. What could i be missing here? This is SSAS 2008 64 bit on Windows Server 2008. the OLTP db is on SQL 2005 on a separate server and I am using MOLAP.

Thanks,

Don
Bajrang
Bajrang
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)Say Hey Kid (688 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 688 Visits: 248
Can you provide your MDX here please?

-RP
Don Shields-368041
Don Shields-368041
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)SSC Rookie (41 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Points: 41 Visits: 82
I wouldn't mind posting the MDX at all except that I got it working now. Not sure why though. Yesterday i added and removed a table to the DSV and that seems to have caused it to start working after I deployed it again. The only thing I can think of is that caused the relationships to refresh.

Don
Go


Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.
You can't delete other posts.
You can't post events.
You can't edit your own events.
You can't edit other events.
You can't delete your own events.
You can't delete other events.
You can't send private messages.
You can't send emails.
You can read topics.
You can't vote in polls.
You can't upload attachments.
You can download attachments.
You can't post HTML code.
You can't edit HTML code.
You can't post IFCode.
You can't post JavaScript.
You can post emoticons.
You can't post or upload images.

Select a forum

































































































































































SQLServerCentral


Search