SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Conversion Fun

Conversion Fun

Author
emanuel.unge
Valued Member
Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Conversion Fun
SanjayAttray
SanjayAttray
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.9K reputation)

This question is mentioned for March 11 and today is feb 12.

SQL DBA.
JF1081
JF1081
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (538 reputation)

Did I miss a month somewhere?
emanuel.unge
emanuel.unge
Valued Member
Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)Valued Member (74 reputation)

i have no idea what happened here
Kit G
Kit G
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)SSC Eights! (988 reputation)

Steve must have gotten his hands on a time machine. Or a TARDIS. If so, I wanna know where he got it cause I want one! w00t

-- Kit
The Dixie Flatline
The Dixie Flatline
SSCoach
SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)SSCoach (19K reputation)

Undocumented but useful: sp_MSGoBackInTime

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills
Max-146500
Max-146500
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

Shamefull, I blisfully ignored the first clause in the case statement that determined it was a character data type, oh bother.

Max
INCREDIBLEmouse
INCREDIBLEmouse
Old Hand
Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)Old Hand (342 reputation)

Inexperienced person talking here, feel free to move to next topic. Smile

I got this one wrong as well. What threw me here is the fact that you assigned an integer value to the char. Now, to me, one would think that since you applied an int value to a char, it would just stop there and say something like "Are you stupid?". I assumed, that if it would magically convert the int value to string, and apply it, then it would truncate the string down to '1' automatically as well. If you had simply changed 10 to '10', the whole thing would have worked. It's because '10' would have worked that really made me fumble here.
jcrawf02
jcrawf02
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.2K reputation)

SanjayAttray (2/12/2009)
This question is mentioned for March 11 and today is feb 12.

Now that's funny. Here it is March 11th, and it pops up again. sp_MSGoBackInTime really does work.

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
Ronald H
Ronald H
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)

I feel like being in Back to the Future... "The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!" Well, or SQL Server of course Smile

Ronald Hensbergen

Help us, help yourself... Post data so we can read and use it: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2+2=5 for significant large values of 2
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.