have you checked the properties of the data source once its been deployed to the report server? For comparison, on the report server, I have the following set up for a typical datasource:
- "Name" : name of datasource
- "enable this data source": is checked
- "connection type": MS SQL Server
- "connection string": Data Source= name of SQL server
Catalog = name of database
- "Credentials stored securely in the report server" (radio button):
User name = SQL Username or 'sa'
Password = password for the above
everything else is blank / not filled in / not checked
I don't use windows authentication when setting up the data source, I usually create a SQL Login/user with db_datareader permission on the database. This user is created specifically for running reports on the database. Alternatively, try using 'sa'
Hope this helps - not sure what else to suggest - maybe someone with more experience will have some advice on what else to check