Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Testing all procs before upgrading to Compatibility Level 90

Testing all procs before upgrading to Compatibility Level 90

Author
Luiz-458831
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (122 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Testing all procs before upgrading to Compatibility Level 90
GSquared
GSquared
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Clever. I like it. This'll come in useful to me on the project I'm doing next week. Thanks.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)

Thx - this will prove useful in the new environment i just inherited.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

K Foster
K Foster
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)

I think I am missing something here... The database is compatibility level 80 and the script tries to create a proc in that database and expects it to trap the ones that error out because they aren't compatible with level 90. If compatibility level applies to the whole database then how can it error out on a proc that isn't being created on a level 90 database? I've got a stored procedure in a level 80 database that I believe should be incompatible in level 90 and above because no WITH keyword is with the locking hint, something like...

Create procedure dbo.test_with
as
select col1, col2, col5 from dbo.table nolock
go

When I run the script it doesn't report the procedure as a problem.

Either I don't understand something I need to do with the script or I don't understand the compatibility differences here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510680.aspx

Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Thanks.
K Foster
K Foster
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (128 reputation)

Since my last posting I've found an article that says that some of the table hints including nolock are exceptions to the 'WITH' keyword rule.

Thanks.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.