SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

#SQLCareer

#SQLCareer

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item #SQLCareer

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
roger.plowman
roger.plowman
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.9K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Your request, by necessity, is going to cover a very large slice of life.

The day of a lone wolf developer/dba/jack of all trades is going to be VERY different from a network person vs a dedicated dba vs a database designer in a large corporate environment.

You make it sound like IT is generic, that there's some kind of standard environment. There really isn't, and I think this should have been stressed more.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)SSC Guru (620K reputation)

roger.plowman - Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:47 AM
Your request, by necessity, is going to cover a very large slice of life.

The day of a lone wolf developer/dba/jack of all trades is going to be VERY different from a network person vs a dedicated dba vs a database designer in a large corporate environment.

You make it sound like IT is generic, that there's some kind of standard environment. There really isn't, and I think this should have been stressed more.

Not at all. If you write, and I write, and someone else write's, we'll get three different views. The point is that people entering the workforce have no idea what any of us do. That's why I ask many people to write, not one or two.

athurgar
athurgar
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:05 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item #SQLCareer

Hi Steve, I blogged (SQL Server Support) today and tagged #SQLCareer, just hoping that it turns up as I never usually tag anything. Thanks Adam

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

Thanks. I don't see the tag on Twitter. Did it get tagged elsewhere?

athurgar
athurgar
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Friday, July 6, 2018 9:43 AM
Thanks. I don't see the tag on Twitter. Did it get tagged elsewhere?

One thing about constantly learning is that you find out new ways to do things.
First two posts have now been tagged and appear on Twitter. Thanks Adam

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

Excellent. I see it

Rod Falanga
Rod Falanga
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.3K reputation)

I heard this first on my MP3 player, a few days ago. It was kinda loud around me so I didn't get a chance to understand what you were saying, Steve. Now that I've read the newsletter, I am very intrigued. I'd like to take you up on the challenge, but have some practical questions for you. First of all, you ask that we use #SQLCareer as a hashtag. That's a good idea, but unless it's on something like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, I've no idea how you'd find that hashtag. For example, I've got a blog on WordPress, which I'm ashamed to say I've not touched in months. Anyway, my point is, even if I use #SQLCareer on WordPress - so what? Does anyone even care about hashtags on WordPress?

So, how exactly does this work?

Rod
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

You do have to use the tag on social media, Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, etc. Once you've done that, then others can search on it, and refer others to the post.

Jen Stirrup
Jen Stirrup
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)

Done. I hope you like it! https://jenstirrup.com/2018/07/19/a-day-in-the-life-of-jen-stirrup-tuesday-19th-july-2018-sqlcareer/
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.