SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Transactional replication - which articles caused the failure

Transactional replication - which articles caused the failure

Author
Casper101
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi

I have a Push Transactional replication process. I use the GUI to add multiple stored procs as articles. But during the sync process to the subscriber it fails with different messages, depending on what is wrong.
One example is a proc that errors with Unable to replicated .... "Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition"
This proc is clearly broker and I don't want to replicate it - but I am not sure which proc it is.
My question is:
When Transactional replication fails, where can I see on which object it failed? I have queried various tables but none from what I can see, pinpoints the exact object (article) name where the failure occurs

any help would be greatly appeciated

Thanks!
Bart Lewandowski
Bart Lewandowski
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (575 reputation)

Hi,

Is the error occurring when delivering snapshot or just when normal replication is delivering transactions? In error u getting LSN/seqno? If so u can try to browse replicated commands in distribution database.
https://bartoszlewandowski.blog/2017/08/08/how-to-browse-distributor-sp_browsereplcmds-explained/

Seems like you have additional columns in some tables that are touched by your procedures that u are replicating... the schema of tables is different between Publisher and Subscriber.

You only replicate stored procedures?

BartL
Replication Blog
Sue_H
Sue_H
SSC-Forever
SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)SSC-Forever (41K reputation)

Casper101 - Friday, December 22, 2017 3:36 AM
My question is:
When Transactional replication fails, where can I see on which object it failed? I have queried various tables but none from what I can see, pinpoints the exact object (article) name where the failure occurs

any help would be greatly appeciated

Thanks!

The easiest way is to use sp_browsereplcmds in the distribution database - pass in the publisher_database_id and also get the xact_seqno and command_id from the error in the Agent to pass in.
This stored procedure generally queries MSrepl_commands as the table has the article id and the xact_seqno.
You could try to figure it out on your own with MSrepl_commands. The error message would be in MSrepl_errors which also has the xact_seqno and command_id

Sue

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.