On the SQL 2016 Server I am a "DBA" of now, I was looking to setting up SSRS. At first glance it looks like it is installed, but when I try to browse to http://localhost/reports
no page comes up. The localhost default IIS page does work, so IIS is operational.
I have done the following troubleshooting steps:
1. The SSRS Service package is installed (I ran SQL 2016 media and went to add features and it is already added).
2. The Service - "SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER)" is installed, and it is started.
3. If I run "Reporting Services Configuration Connection" and enter the local server name and click "Find" - no instances are found.
4. If I use SSMS to connect to the Report Server Instance also no instance is found.
5. When I look at the Database list in SSMS, my DB's are there but the two ReportServer and ReportServerTmp that I'm expecting to see do not even exist. (Did my predecessor delete them for some reason?)
6. The local paths seem to exist for the SSRS instance - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services
What are my options to get this working again?
MS-SQL 2016 Enterprise, Azure Hosted.
Techie/Sysadmin by trade; completely new to T-SQL. I hardly call myself a DBA. Ive got a lot to learn and doing my best.