Hi, I hope someone can help me. On one of our 50 prod servers I am getting the following error message on my ReportServer and ReportManager pages.
Web Edition SSRS 2008
Service Account: Local System (cannot change this either as it backs up the keys which fails on WMI error)
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Keyset does not exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090016) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecution2005Impl.LoadReportDefinition(Byte Definition, ExecutionInfo2& executionInfo, Warning& warnings) at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.LoadReportDefinition(Byte Definition, ExecutionInfo& executionInfo, Warning& warnings)
The fix I tried which is the usual one is to delete the encryption keys but when I try to do that or change or back up the keys I get a WMI error.
Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: Keyset does not exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090016)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
Whats strange is in the Windows application log there is this error:
Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot connect to the report server database.
I can connect to SSRS via SSMS but cannot expand the menu. ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB are both online and accesssible.
We have checked permissions of the accounts, restarted the server, restarted SSRS, tried deleting the keys via sqlcmd .. still same message. I feel it is a lost cause.. and am about to repair or reinstall SSRS but wanted to check with you in case you guys had any other ideas.