Well it seems that Microsoft had another brilliant blunder. Ever since we've upgraded to IE 11, I can't expand a multi-select drop down in any SSRS report when run in native mode (it runs fine in Firefox and Chrome but not in IE11). I am currently using SQL Server 2014 SP1 Enterprise Edition along with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise Edition.
I've googled and googled and no online suggestion seems to help. I've tried the following:
1. Inside Reporting Services\ReportServer\Pages, I've edited ReportViewer.aspx to be compatible with IE 11 with the following code:
<head id="headID" runat="server">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">
After this I've restarted the SSRS service and the problem still persists. In the emulation settings, the document mode is still set to IE 5 despite the above code being modified.
2. Under Tools - Compatibility View Settings, I've unchecked both Display intranet site in Compatibility View and Use Microsoft Compatibility List and also cleared the Compatibility View list. When this didn't work I've also tried to check all these settings and add the SSRS site to the Compatibility View list along with every possible combination but nothing worked.
The funny thing is that even if I change ReportViewer.aspx to something like
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=fsakisdlklkdsflkdsflks">
the website will still work but I will get the same problem as if nothing happened.