SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

error: non-existing report parameter

error: non-existing report parameter

Author
kcha2004
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hello Everyone,

I get this error: "The value expression for the query parameter '@eDate' refers to a non-existing report parameter 'eDate'. Letters in the name of the parameters must use the correct case."

I use lower case in all of my queries. The parameter my queries reference is @edate. To find @eDate, I copied every query to text doc and looked for the word eDate and didn't fine any. Why does it still reference eDate? What am I missing?

Thank you very much for any input.
pietlinden
pietlinden
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)SSC Guru (51K reputation)

Check the server collation value. It could be case-sensitive.

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/04/30/case-sensitive-sql-query-search/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14270993/case-sensitive-variable-names-in-sql-server
Spiff
Spiff
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)

I've run into a similar issue before. Did you rename that parameter in SSRS at any point? I've found SSRS doesn't always update the new name everywhere.

Right click the dataset ang open properties then go to Parameters. You'll see parameter name and value. While it may look correct, click on the expression button next to the parameter value and look at the expression within. If it's in the incorrect case e.g.
=Parameters!eDate.Value

you need to correct it here.
kcha2004
kcha2004
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (555 reputation)

Thank you everyone for your help! I found the error in one of the expressions. Thank you!:-)
Jack 95169
Jack 95169
Old Hand
Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)Old Hand (303 reputation)

Thanks Spiff - I had indeed renamed the field, and SSRS hadn't picked it up
jonathan.crawford
jonathan.crawford
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)Hall of Fame (4K reputation)

old thread, but I'll add my two cents. I have also corrected by opening the xml and fixing it in Notepad++ or similar, works fine that way too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.