SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected FILE got BINARY when Initializing SQL 2k8R2 Publication...

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected FILE got BINARY when Initializing SQL 2k8R2 Publication to Oracle 12c Sub

Author
raz.the.cat
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)SSC Journeyman (91 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I'm attempting to setup a Non-SQL subscriber (Oracle 12c) on a SQL 2k8R2 instance. Once I setup the subscriber and the agent attempts to start replicating between the SQL and 12c server, I get the ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected FILE got BINARY error. The agent will create the MSREPL7 table on the Oracle instance so I know there connection is good and the credentials being used have permission to the Oracle instance.

I've tried changing the data type on the MSREPL7 table on the Oracle server to RAW for anything that was BFILE as a shot in the dark (new to Oracle) but that didn't help. Just flipped the expected/got error.

Has anyone here run into this issue? What am I missing?

SQL Version - Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) - 10.50.2550.0 (X64) Jun 11 2012 16:41:53 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Oracle version - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.1.0 - 64bit Production 0
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.1.0 - Production 0
CORE 12.1.0.1.0 Production 0
TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production 0
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.1.0 - Production
dataonfocus
dataonfocus
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)

Similar issue here, anyone knows?

Thanks
dataonfocus
dataonfocus
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (140 reputation)

Anyone??
@Ashish
@Ashish
Old Hand
Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)

Similar Issue here. Did you able to solve your problem?

_________

Regards,
Ashish
SQLKnight
SQLKnight
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)SSC Veteran (296 reputation)

The below has worked for me. You can give it a try in your lower environments if it permits.

https://dbamohsin.wordpress.com/category/sql-server/page/16/

Thanks
@Ashish
@Ashish
Old Hand
Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)Old Hand (325 reputation)

I contacted Microsoft support. They agree that it does have to do with Oracle12c upgrade and provided workaround for the issue.

FROM DAC Connection:

Workaround to add oracle publisher support w/o new datatype support:
exec sys.sp_MSrepl_ORAdatatypes 'Oracle', '12'
exec sys.sp_MSrepl_ORA_MSSQL_datatypemappings @source_dbms = N'ORACLE', @source_version = '12', @destination_dbms = N'MSSQLServer'

Warkaround to add oracle subscriber support w/o new datatype support:
exec sys.sp_MSrepl_ORAdatatypes 'Oracle', '12'
exec sys.sp_MSrepl_MSSQL_ORA_datatypemappings @source_dbms = N'MSSQLSERVER', @destination_dbms = N'ORACLE', @destination_version = '12'

---

This worked for me and hopefully will help somebody else too!

Thanks!

_________

Regards,
Ashish
cbrown 29958
cbrown 29958
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)SSC Journeyman (75 reputation)

Hello,

I am running SQL Server 2008 (SP4) - 10.0.6000.29 (X64). I am experiencing a problem attempting to create a replication article with Oracle 12c as Publisher. The workaround solution mentioned in this thread requires 2 stored procedures below.

1. sys.sp_MSrepl_ORAdatatypes
2. sys.sp_MSrepl_ORA_MSSQL_datatypemappings

I receive the following errors when I execute these procedures. Where are these procedures?

Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 1
Could not find stored procedure 'sys.sp_MSrepl_ORAdatatypes'.
Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 1
Could not find stored procedure 'sys.sp_MSrepl_MSSQL_ORA_datatypemappings'.
Ron Clarke
Ron Clarke
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.2K reputation)

Most likely you were not trying to run the stored procedures from a DAC connection. Lookup DAC in SQL Server Books On Line for more information.

Have Fun!
Ronzo

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.