SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Teammates

Teammates

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Teammates

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
david.wright-948385
david.wright-948385
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I used to have a boss that was a complete Mitt Romney. At least he wasn't asking to be elected head of the "free" world!!
fthiemonge-712414
fthiemonge-712414
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)Grasshopper (14 reputation)

I'd say Junior dos Santos. His English isn't so good, but he's one of the nicest guys in the sport and one of the best. People with his personality are a pleasure to work with. You'll also definitely want him on your side. Nobody in their right mind would dare cross him.
Ian Massi
Ian Massi
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

I'd say Ron MacLean who is a well known hockey sportscaster in Canada. He does a great job of interpreting the very loud Don Cherry for the viewers as well as keeping him on track. I think most of us in software can think of times when we've had a very opinionated expert giving us requirements that we have to make useable while calming potentially volatile situations. The closest NFL equivalent would be Pat Summerall to John Madden.
TravisDBA
TravisDBA
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

I have to say Barack Hussein Obama. He wants to end offshoring of American jobs and redistribute the wealth in this country and I am most definitely for both of those things.:-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"
Dave Schutz
Dave Schutz
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

I'm going with Dag Hammarskjöld, a great world leader who had the capacity to understand people.
david.wright-948385
david.wright-948385
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Dave Schutz (9/21/2012)
I'm going with Dag Hammarskjöld, a great world leader who had the capacity to understand people.
I imagine that would be quite a powerful skill in a politician: pity it's not that prevalent Cool
Miles Neale
Miles Neale
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3K reputation)

Peter "Pistol Pete" Maravich - Some of you might remember, some may have not ever known of him but he was amazing. He worked to get it right, he pressed for perfection and performance, he achieved amazing goals and had a real love for life and family.

After he was injured and left the NBA, he searched for real meaning in life and was not done searching till he found something he could really live and die with.

And one thing that he did that still amazes me to this day, is that he played hard, lived a full life, and achieved great things with a heart that never was healthy, all without complaint.

I would like to be more like that.

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
TravisDBA
TravisDBA
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)SSCommitted (2K reputation)

Miles Neale (9/21/2012)
Peter "Pistol Pete" Maravich - Some of you might remember, some may have not ever known of him but he was amazing. He worked to get it right, he pressed for perfection and performance, he achieved amazing goals and had a real love for life and family.

After he was injured and left the NBA, he searched for real meaning in life and was not done searching till he found something he could really live and die with.

And one thing that he did that still amazes me to this day, is that he played hard, lived a full life, and achieved great things with a heart that never was healthy, all without complaint.

I would like to be more like that.

One of the all-time greats, and died doing what he loved, playing basketball.:-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"
mike.styers
mike.styers
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)SSC Rookie (45 reputation)

I'm going to break rank and go with a musician. Slash in a word. His style of playing guitar is so precise. When asked recently about what is next, his response was "I want to learn to play the guitar better. To be a better musician."

Metaphorically, me too.

M
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.