SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Inside the SQL Server Query Optimizer

Inside the SQL Server Query Optimizer

Author
Site Owners
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)SSC Guru (64K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Inside the SQL Server Query Optimizer
TheRedneckDBA
TheRedneckDBA
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Anyone know when this will be officially published?

The Redneck DBA
prarajesh
prarajesh
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (526 reputation)

I don't know why the publishing is being delay for all the members as there are 899 views.

With regards,
Rajesh Prajapati
Steven.Howes
Steven.Howes
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

Publishing delays? I have this book on my shelf already.

A great read and definately worth the price (All the Red gate books are worth the price IMO).
fleet 10349
fleet 10349
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (136 reputation)

I filled out the form but there was no download button. So how do I get the free e-book?
Alan Burstein
Alan Burstein
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)

TheRedneckDBA - Friday, March 4, 2011 2:18 PM
Anyone know when this will be officially published?

In 2010 I think.

-- Alan Burstein

Helpful links:

Best practices for getting help on SQLServerCentral -- Jeff Moden
How to Post Performance Problems -- Gail Shaw

Nasty fast set-based string manipulation functions:
For splitting strings try DelimitedSplit8K or DelimitedSplit8K_LEAD (SQL Server 2012+)
To split strings based on patterns try PatternSplitCM
Need to clean or transform a string? try NGrams, PatExclude8K, PatReplace8K, DigitsOnlyEE, or Translate8K

I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code. -- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

Alan Burstein
Alan Burstein
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)SSC Guru (55K reputation)

For those who have not read this book I highly suggest it. I picked up a physical copy at SQL In the City 2012 and could not put it down. Some of it is over my head (it is not a beginner book) but, if you spend a lot of time looking at execution plans (something you should be doing if your job involves writing T-SQL) then this book is a must read.

-- Alan Burstein

Helpful links:

For splitting strings try DelimitedSplit8K or DelimitedSplit8K_LEAD (SQL Server 2012+)
Need to clean or transform a string? try NGrams, PatExclude8K, PatReplace8K, DigitsOnlyEE, or Translate8K

I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code. -- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

t.ovod-everett
t.ovod-everett
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)SSC Eights! (902 reputation)

fleet 10349 - Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:12 PM
I filled out the form but there was no download button. So how do I get the free e-book?

Fill out the form. Assuming you're in IE (similar steps for other browsers will probably work), right click on the book image in the blue pane and select "Inspect element". In DOM Explorer, scroll down a little and select the element below the highlighted one (the a tag with the body "Download your free eBook"). In the Styles page on the right, scroll down and locate ".hubspot-form-submit, iframe#download-form". Uncheck the line for "display: none;" Back in the browser page, click the newly-visible "Download your free eBook" button.

david.stephens
david.stephens
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)SSC Rookie (48 reputation)

I had the same issue not seeing an obvious way to submit my information or download the book. I submitted a help request to their web support.
Alan Burstein
Alan Burstein
SSC Guru

david.stephens - Friday, April 6, 2018 2:16 PM
I had the same issue not seeing an obvious way to submit my information or download the book. I submitted a help request to their web support.

See attached.

-- Alan Burstein

Helpful links:

Attachments
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.