SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Update stats error

Update stats error

Author
zeenister
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Update stats error : -2147218798
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)

Eh?

I don't know what you're asking, what the context is or anything. If you want help you're going to have to give a fair bit more information about the problem.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Brandie Tarvin
Brandie Tarvin
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)SSC Guru (69K reputation)

Google your error. See what you come up with. When you get confused, refer to these threads:

How to ask questions

How to post problems

How to post code questions

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)SSC Guru (111K reputation)

What were you doing when you got that error?

How did you arrive to this error?

Do you have any other errors to go with it?

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

The Dixie Flatline
The Dixie Flatline
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)

Who are you?
Who sent you?
Why are you following us?
:-P

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills
zeenister
zeenister
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)Grasshopper (17 reputation)

HI,

I recieved this error when update stats failed and i picked this error no from the logs.

It says

update stats failed -2147218798
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)SSC Guru (416K reputation)

That's still of no use. That number is not a SQL error number (which are between 1 and 50000). You haven't said what you're doing exactly? A maint plan? A custom job? Something else? you haven't said where you saw that error. Which log? Any other information at all?

Please remember I can't see your screen and I can't read your mind.

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

grahamc
grahamc
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)

GilaMonster (10/8/2010)
That's still of no use. That number is not a SQL error number (which are between 1 and 50000). You haven't said what you're doing exactly? A maint plan? A custom job? Something else? you haven't said where you saw that error. Which log? Any other information at all?

Please remember I can't see your screen and I can't read your mind.

Thankfully, you are a lot MORE patient than me... how on earth are you South African Hehe
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru

grahamc (10/8/2010)
how on earth are you South African Hehe

I'm British (birth and descent). I live in South Africa (and have for quite some time)

Gail Shaw

grahamc
grahamc
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)SSCrazy (2.6K reputation)

GilaMonster (10/8/2010)
grahamc (10/8/2010)
how on earth are you South African Hehe

I'm British (birth and descent). I live in South Africa (and have for quite some time)

Im the same, except Im Welsh Alien grew up in SA, primary high school...
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.