Call for Speakers
With the close of the PASS Summit today, the call for speakers for PASS SQLRally has opened! so those of you who submitted to the Summit and didn’t quite make it, break out your abstracts and send them in!! We will be taking submissions through December 15th. You can see the qualifications on the Speaker page on the SQLRally site. I’m really excited about this event and excited to see how many sessions we’ll have submitted. SQLRally will have 4 tracks:
- BI Platform Architecture, Development and Administration
- Enterprise Database Administration and Deployment
- Database & Application Development
- Wild Card – which will include 3 Professional Development sessions and 3 sessions from each of the other 3 tracks.
Included in each of the tracks will be “Summit Showcase” sessions that are selected from submissions by experienced Summit presenters. As this event is designed to be a “taste” of the Summit these sessions will really give you a chance to see what the Summit is like.
Here’s even more great news, YOU will select the sessions on the schedule. The event team will evaluate submissions for eligibility and group the sessions into categories within each track (BI, DBA, Dev, Professional Development). YOU will then have the opportunity to vote on the session you’d like to see in each session. Abstracts will be available for viewing and comments shortly after the call for speakers ends and voting will take place in the month of January. Here is the voting schedule:
- Professional Development (Jan 3, 2011 to January 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST) (3 categories)
- Database & Application Development (Jan 10, 2011 to January 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST)
- Enterprise Database Administration and Deployment (Jan 17, 2011 to January 23, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST)
- BI Platform Architecture, Development and Administration (Jan 24, 2011 to January 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST)
Be sure to check out the Speaker Page on the SQLRally site for details.
Even if you aren’t interested in speaking you can still attend. Registration is now open and how can you beat 2 days of training for $299 + a full-day pre-con for $199? Don’t forget that we are limited to 600 attendees, so register early to make sure you get a seat!
We are excited to already have 3 sponsors on board:
On the off-chance that a SQLSaturday sponsor reads my blog and you have an interest in sponsoring SQLRally, you can! We have limited number of sponsor opportunities, see our sponsor page for contact information.
We are confident that this will be a GREAT event and hope that you can come.