Few days back I was setting up data driven subscription for a SSRS 2005 report. The command / query which populates the parameters was bit complex. I normally create the script in the SSMS and once it works just used to copy paster it in the data driven subscription. This… Read more
This error , Cannot read the next data row for dataset Dataset1, is thrown for many reasons, at least I have seen it on two occasions.
First, when the dataset timed out (underlying connection closed) and the another one is when the datetime field was casted as character. Here… Read more
One fine day when I tried to connect to one of my staging report server I got the
“Unable to connect to remote server error”
I checked the report services & sql server (to which SSRS is mapped) services and both of them were running. I tried to connect to… Read more
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. (rsReportServerDatabaseUnavailable)
occurs when the SQL SERVER instance, to which SSRS is pointed to, is down or a very silly mistake, the SSRS is not… Read more
Few days back I downloaded a SSRS 2005 file from one of our internal report server and started modifying it. It had lot of datasets and the datasets contains huge T-SQL commands. When I tried to modify one dataset I got an error
Bit surprised because the report was working… Read more
The behaviour of the tablix is that whenever the associated dataset is empty, it will not show any detail row. But there are requirements wherein you need to show 0 when the data set is empty. Refer the below screenshot
The best way to achieve this is to prepare 1… Read more
Just to give the context of the problem I faced recently.. our application is very data intensive, GB of data received from the customer every day and hundreds of customers. Hence we have kept each customer data in individual database. So the reports, based on the customer selection, has to… Read more
Of-late one of our SSRS 2005 report subscriptions started to fail regularly with the error message
Failure sending mail: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
That report was pretty simple and if run on demand, it used to… Read more