Archives: September 2011
The dataset ‘dataset1′ contains a definition for the Field ‘column1′. This field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.
is very common error and reason behind it is really simple. The report object is referring to a field which is not available in the… Read more
We have a report in SSRS 2008 which calls multiple sub-reports. One of the sub-reports contains a data region (tablix) in which one of the column is populated by another sub-report i.e. the sub-report will render for each row of the tablix. This report is working fine in 2008.
As… Read more
Couple of months back, one of our SSRS 2005 staging server became inaccessible. When we opened the report manager, it had thrown a message
The item “/” cannot be found
After repeated attempts, the report server opened up. But when we tried to access a report it erred with a… Read more
One of our report server which is SSRS 2008 R2 (10.50.1720.0) started to crash intermittently. The IE failed with Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. The report server log files didn’t contain any other information. After few mins (~2 mins), the report server came alive. This was happening intermittently.
The… Read more