New features for the HP’s Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) V2 appliance for SQL Server PDW have been announced!
- Lower price point (backup and landing zone servers not longer required)
- Increased CPU power (16 vs V1′s 12 cores per compute node)
- Increased Memory (256 mb vs V1′s 96 mb per server)
- Increased storage/scalability (support for up to 5 Petabytes of disk space vs V1′s 610Tb)
- Infiniband Data Movement Speeds: FDR (14x bandwidth) vs V1′s QDR (4x bandwidth)
- Microsoft V2 enhancements include “direct attached” SAS JBOD storage, Hyper V, Mirroring, and Server 2012 Storage Spaces