For those of you who are getting to Seattle for the PASS Summit a little early and wish to gain some knowledge on this topic, please register for this free event! Make sure to enter the complementary admission registration code “HoBEducation” for the opportunity of the year!
It will be held on Tuesday, November 6th, at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, 1400 Sixth Avenue, in the Aspen Room from 11a until 4:30p. Lunch will be provided. You’ll be educated and blown away just in time for the PASS Summit welcome reception to begin Tuesday night!
We have given an abridged version of this boot camp for over a year now at SQL Saturday events across the country, and have had exceptionally positive feedback every time. This information is truly vital for you and your organization in the quest to gain flexibility, agility, high availability, disaster recoverability, and manageability while lowering the costs associated with your SQL Servers.
The outline of the training is as follows.
- Introduction to SQL Server Virtualization
- Virtualization Trends
- Common Objections and Misconceptions
- Physical Stack Fundamentals
- SQL Server Licensing Concepts
- Storage, vSphere Host, and Networking
- Virtual Machine Layer
- VM and Guest Operating System Customizations
- Virtual Storage and Presentation Options
- Installation and Optimally Configure SQL Server
- SQL Server on VMware Prototype
- Benchmarking and Baselining Performance
- Workload Selection
- Beyond the Prototype
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability Options
- SQL Server Clustering
- SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn
We give you everything we can in the available time and hold nothing back. Your attendance at the boot camp will help in your identification and avoidance of common pitfalls encountered in the virtualization of SQL Server.
The PASS Summit pre-cons are fantastic, but if you are not planning to attend those and are in town early, please make plans to attend our boot camp. Register for this free event here! Make sure to enter the complementary admission code “HoBEducation” for the opportunity of the year!
I look forward to seeing you all there! I can hardly wait!