http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/stratesql/2014/02/24/last-weeks-top-reading-links-72/ Printed 2016/05/30 03:09AM
Last Weeks Top “Reading” Links #72
It’s Monday time for this week’s weekly link round-up. If you want to catch these links “live” (
so exciting), follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL). And see these throughout the day as I tweet out links of things I find interesting. While these links aren’t the answer to life, the universe, and everything, they often share a few things about SQL Server and related technology topics that others may find useful.
The links included in this summary are those prefixed with ”Reading” and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
The Most Popular “Reading” Link
The most popular “Reading” item last week is a list of the six toughest interview questions that people are getting. These questions are pretty run of the mill, but they are ones we get from time to time that aren’t necessarily answered to the interviewee’s benefit. If you are currently interviewing or working in consulting with occasional interviews with new clients, these are worth checking out.
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were shared last week. If you missed them throughout the week, here’s the opportunity to get caught up on some items that other’s read after I linked them out.
- Recruiters Reveal Their 6 Toughest Job Interview Questions [60 clicks]
- Beware These 7 Pieces of Old School Career Advice [38 clicks]
- 3 Situations When You Should Shut Your Mouth [26 clicks]
- Doing It Right: Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting [24 clicks]
- (Almost) Everything You Need to Know About SQL Server 2014 [23 clicks]
- The 7 Most Underrated Career Skills… Ever [23 clicks]
- How to Process a SSAS MOLAP cube as fast as possible – Part 1 [20 clicks]
- Skills, Not Seniority, Move Your Career in Today’s Workplace [19 clicks]
- The Four Answers To “How Big Is Your SQL Server?” [19 clicks]
- Careful Adding Indexes with AlwaysOn Availability Groups [18 clicks]
- Testimonials: The Resume Writing Hack that Wins Job Interviews! [17 clicks]
- Doing It Wrong: Virtualizing SQL Server [15 clicks]
- The 3 Decisions We Didn’t Make That Totally Changed Our Business [14 clicks]
- What Do You Ask the Leaving DBA? [13 clicks]
- How to Book Travel Online for Less [13 clicks]
- SSMS Trick: Edit Large Procedures with the Splitter Bar [12 clicks]
- HOW TO: Restore the Master Database in SQL Server 2012 [10 clicks]
- Doing It Wrong: High Availability and Security [10 clicks]
- SQL Server Troubleshooting Useful Links [9 clicks]
- Three Simple Steps to Radical Change [8 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they are interesting and worth a second look.
- So wrong but so brilliant [67 clicks]
- Death Star architect defends exhaust ports in hilarious Star Wars ‘open letter’ [64 clicks]
- My Hands Are Literally Shaking… I Can’t Watch! [35 clicks]
- 13 Satisfying GIFs of Kids Learning They Are Not Good at Basketball [21 clicks]
- Anti-Vaccine Body Count [15 clicks]
- $20,000 30-foot tapestry tells the entire Star Wars saga [14 clicks]
- Penn and Teller on Vaccinations [13 clicks]
- Boy, 10, steals parents’ car to visit grandparents… tells police he is a dwarf who has forgotten his licence [11 clicks]
- Google+ Look Back [10 clicks]
- How Things Change [9 clicks]
- Stunning Doctor Who Concept Art Released By Matthew Savage [8 clicks]
- How Peter Capaldi got his wish to fight [redacted] on Doctor Who’s upcoming S8 [4 clicks]
- Karen Gillan responds to Who fans that think Moffat can’t write women [4 clicks]
- ‘Doctor Who’ favorite lands ABC’s ‘Selfie’ lead [3 clicks]
- Facebook Buying WhatsApp For $19B, Will Keep The Messaging Service Independent [2 clicks]
- World Premiere of First Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer [2 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week?