For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular item tweeted out last week had nothing to do with SQL Server, but it is seriously cool. I would really love to get my hands on one of the cameras for a night at SQL Karaoke… the video might actually be steady then.
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) May 1, 2013
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. Usually, I do a top ten, but I really like the items that were in the top twenty.
- 14 Bad Habits That Can Cost You Your Job [47 clicks]
- The Computer Backup Rule of Three [29 clicks]
- How To Handle Uncomfortable Salary Discussions At Work [27 clicks]
- Temporary Tables in Stored Procedures [27 clicks]
- Are You Using SSIS Best Practices? [26 clicks]
- Is BETWEEN faster than GTE and LTE? [26 clicks]
- Using the SQL Server APP_NAME function to control stored procedure execution [23 clicks]
- You spoke – we listened! Lab Exam 88-971 scoring delays removed! [20 clicks]
- Exams 88-986 & 88-987 Pages Live on Microsoft Learning [20 clicks]
- TFS vs SSIS project versioning [18 clicks]
- Why We Write #1 – An Interview With Thomas LaRock [18 clicks]
- 5 Factors to Making Memorable Presentations [17 clicks]
- The 7 most interesting social media stats and what to learn from them [13 clicks]
- Finding SQL Server Installs Using Powershell [12 clicks]
- SQL Server Management: Compatibility Levels [12 clicks]
- Quantifying the Cost of Compression [11 clicks]
- Squishy Limits in SQL Server Express Edition [9 clicks]
- Can Likability Get you to the Top at Work? [9 clicks]
- SQL Server Backup to Cloud – Managing Interrupted backups [7 clicks]
- Execution Plans in Azure SQL Database [5 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.