For those that follow me on twitter (@StrateSQL), you’ll know that throughout the day I tweet out some links of things I find interesting. These tweets include “Reading” in the message and are items I’ve read over the past few days, usually after hours when sharing would be less than useful, and spaced out to avoid spamming. The content of the links usually pertain to SQL Server, technology, and career topics; which I think others would find useful.
Most Popular Link
The most popular item tweeted out last week had nothing to do with SQL Server, but it is seriously cool. I would really love to get my hands on one of the cameras for a night at SQL Karaoke… the video might actually be steady then.
— Jason Strate (@StrateSQL) April 23, 2013
Last week’s top 20 “Reading” Links
Along with the top link, here are the top twenty items relating to SQL Server, technology and careers that were sent out last week. Usually, I do a top ten, but I really like the items that were in the top twenty.
- How To Figure Out What You Really Should Be Paid [35 clicks]
- How Facebook knew a man was gay before he came out [34 clicks]
- The End of SQLRally in the US [32 clicks]
- Upgrading To SQL 2012: Ten Things You Don’t Want To Miss [24 clicks]
- How to Refresh Your Mood: 4 Simple Tips [19 clicks]
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups: Read-only Routing [19 clicks]
- get your hands dirty with SQL Server 2012 SP1 [18 clicks]
- I lost over 15 pounds (7 kilo) and so can you – thanks to #Azure and #Surface [17 clicks]
- How to go the Summit [17 clicks]
- Pick a Needle and Move It [14 clicks]
- Treat Criticism Like Spam Email [14 clicks]
- Texas Court Confirms You Can’t Patent Math | Electronic Frontier Foundation [13 clicks]
- Good Employees Make Mistakes. Great Leaders Allow Them To. [13 clicks]
- #Windows #Azure Community Event [12 clicks]
- Introducing our latest SQL Server 2008 Microsoft Certified Master – Ben Miller [11 clicks]
- Checking Out Amazon Redshift [8 clicks]
- Filegroups and Non-Clustered Indexes [8 clicks]
- Whiteboard Wednesday #2: Choosing the Right Reporting Tool [7 clicks]
- Security: People Are the Weakest Link [5 clicks]
- Restrict Access to Containers and Blobs [3 clicks]
Other Stuff Shared
Of course, no week would be complete without a few off-topic links. These have nothing to do with technology or your career, but they sure are entertaining and interesting (and a couple are pretty gross).
- The amazing pencil art of Diego Fazio [16 clicks]
- Love Is A Battlefield: Literal Video Version [9 clicks]
Got something you think I should read and share, leave a comment below. Also, if you want to see all of the links that were tweeted out last week? Then follow the links on my tumblr blog or subscribe to it’s RSS feed.