http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/stratesql/2012/12/10/december-checklist-and-updates/ Printed 2016/05/31 12:56AM
December Checklist and Updates
It’s a bit past the first Monday in December, but better a week late than no checklist and update post at all. The main purpose of this post is to serve as a reminder that, if you haven’t, you need to be checking your SQL Server environment on a monthly basis. For a checklist of what needs to be reviewed – go to my SQL Server Monthly Checklist.
The updates for this month include:
- Added cumulative update for SQL Server 2012 SP1
- Updated cumulative update for SQL Server 2008 SP3
- Added information on SQL Server Security Update for MS12-070
- Updated SQL Server support dates for items with less than a year of support remaining.
If you have time to take a look at it, the SQL Server 2012 Product Guide has been updated. Some great examples and information on the release are included.
Added in for this month’s update post, I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the other resource pages that are available and the changes made to these. There are a few of them out there and figured I should share when these are modified as well. Recent updates include:
- Free Tools – I started this back in September, when I began with Pragmatic Works. It’s basically a list of free tools that I use.
- Indexing Resources – A list of indexing resources on my blog and else where. Basically, providing a resources link that I can include in presentations for people to reference and get information from.
- SSIS Resources – Brand new resource page. I’m getting prepared to do an update to the 31 Days of SSIS and wanted to put a page together ahead of time for that. Also, if you want a kindle version of the 31 Days series – there’s a link on that page for it.
Is there something missing in this checklist or with the pages that has been overlooked? Any cool links that would aid in the review of your SQL Server environments? If so, leave a comment below and I’ll take a look.