http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/stratesql/2011/07/20/got-married_2C00_-got-behind/ Printed 2017/02/23 04:05PM
Got Married, Got Behind
No posts in a couple weeks, except the Re-Blogs. Guess the running around and getting married I did last week had an effect on the blog. Since it took up a lot of the last couple of weeks I thought I might share some of the highlights.
- Most importantly, I married Sarah Strate (Blog | @DanceM0m)
- After Thursday setup, I hit a deer on the way home. Two doors, wheel cover, and rear bumper trashed at 70 MPH.
- Friday night we had our rehearsal, it rained nearly the entire time.
- Early Saturday morning it rained… hard. I woke up with 2 inches of water in the basement. My boys and I cleared out most of the water before leaving 3 hours late for the wedding.
- It was hot and humid out. I was dripping with sweat nearly all day. Sarah kept a hanky around to wipe my face. She’s awesome like that.
- We used the Imperial March and Theme from Star Wars as wedding music.
- A raccoon tried to crash the party. He wasn’t afraid of the crowd and was seizing – he was removed after a call to animal control.
- One of the fireworks went off horizontally, instead of vertically. In the dead of night, this is a very scary thing to have happen. No one got hurt, fortunately.
- We had glow sticks… 500 of them.
- There was jager… it was well liked.
It was a great time. I really appreciated that people came to join us for the day.
- My Three Events
- August PASSMN Meeting This Week
- SQL Saturday Chicago Recap – #SQLAwesome