Sometime people need a hand up – an opportunity to rise from the ashes. Over the last couple of years the economy and unemployment has taken its toll on many of those in the community. Along with that the charities that have often risen to help those in need have themselves suffered with the loss of some of their donations.
This project is intended to help unemployed or underemployed developers give back to the community. These developers will propose a software project to help a non-profit agency, school, or a church. By helping the non-profit the developer will receive in return the tools necessary to complete the project.
Some of these tools include are:
- Microsoft: Visual Studio Ultimate with MDSN subscription ($11,899 value),
- Pluralsight: three (3) month Standard subscription to On-Demand!™ .NET Training Library ($297 value),
- APress: three books(3) of the winner’s choice ($150 value),
- O’Reilly Press: three (3) eBooks of the winner’s choice($120 value),
- ComponentOne: license for Studio Enterprise components and tools ($1,300 value),
- Microsoft Learning: Vouchers for two (2) Certification Exams with Second Shot ($250 value),
- Quest Software: license for Toad® for SQL Server ($595 value),
- BillP Studios: license for WinPatrol’s Host-based Intrusion Prevention System(HIPS),
- Infragistics: licenses for NetAdvantage for .NET,NetAdvantage for Silverlight Data Visualization, NetAdvantage for WPF Data, AND QuincePro.
This is a great opportunity to give back to the community while building your resume and skills. If you are interested, please fhttp://sqlblog.com/blogs/arnie_rowland/archive/2010/07/30/like-a-phoenix-rising-from-the-ashes.aspxollow this link for additional details and the criteria for submissions.