http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/2011/12/05/a-traveling-man/ Printed 2014/07/30 05:37AM
A traveling man
It’s been a long year for me. This year I’ve attended:
- SQL Saturday #60 – Cleveland
- SQL Saturday #66 – Colorado Springs
- MVP Summit
- Rocky Mountain Tech Trifecta v3.0
- SQL Saturday #63 – Dallas
- SQL Saturday #77 – Pensacola
- SQL in the City – London
- SQL Saturday #64 – Baton Rouge
- SQL Saturday #91 – Oklahoma City
- SQLBits #9
- PASS Summit
- SQL in the City – LA
- DevConnections Fall 2011
- SQL Inspire NYC
That’s a lot of trips, and a lot of time away from home. It’s also possible I missed one or two in all the chaos of the year.
Next year will be much quieter for me. I’ve already avoided a few trips, telling some people that I would not be attending their events in an effort to slow down and not be so burned out with travel.
It’s been a good year, but a hard one and next year needs to be a little quieter for me.
Filed under: Blog Tagged: syndicated, travel, work