http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/2009/06/30/tracking-my-goals-half-the-year/ Printed 2016/12/02 05:35PM
Tracking My Goals – Half the Year
I made a series of resolutions in January related to SQLServerCentral. These are things that I wanted to accomplish this year, things to work on, and it’s time to check how I am doing for through the second quarter. I’ve copied the list below and included my updates as of June.
- Continue with 400 posts a month – I’m doing well here. I have over 2500 for the year, so I'm meeting this goal.
- Blog Daily – My blog count is actually doing very well. I've been getting at least one a day, sometimes two.
- Speak at each Denver area user group – I completed this in Q1, but I have 2 more user group presentations scheduled for the year.
- Speak at one SQLSaturday – Pensacola is is complete. I've been asked to go to Baton Rouge and Iowa, so we'll see.
- Comment on blog posts that I think are interesting. I comment regularly here when I see something I like. I haven’t commented on all blog posts, but I’ve done most of them when I have something to say.
- Update my blog roll to show who I think is interesting. I should at least do this monthly. I updated my list in June, but not May, so I'm not doing this regularly enough. Probably not searching out new blogs often enough.
- Grow the SSC audience to 1.4mm members by the end of the year. As of the end of June, or close to it, we are at 1.18, which is low. I was hoping for 1.2 or better, to get to the 1.4 number by the end of the year. We'll see if we get there.
- Give all new articles a first review within 7 days. Still failing horribly here. Usually it's within 2 weeks, but not always. My Q is almost to zero for my end of June vacation, so maybe I will get better.
- Not miss sending any newsletters. I think I missed 3 this year. I missed 2 with our Zone Edit outage, and one was my fault.
- Build something useful with .NET/SQL Server. It needs to be for SSC. I still need a project here.