http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/2009/02/19/new-years-resolutions-2009-feb-update/ Printed 2014/11/22 10:02AM
New Years Resolutions 2009 – Feb Update
I haven’t reported on how my resolutions are going yet this year, but after speaking at the Boulder User’s Group recently, and then committing to another presentation in March, I thought it was time to do this.
My initial resolutions were in this post: Goals for 2009
I’ve been trying to keep these in mind as I go through my work week and I think I’ve done OK, but I’ve also fallen down a bit. Here are my comments:
- Continue with 400 posts a month – Slipping here. Between a week in the UK and a week of vacation, as of this week, I have 606 posts for the year.
- Blog Daily – I’ve missed a few posts mostly because I mis-scheduled for vacation. However I’m close and I’ve double posted a few times.
- Speak at each Denver area user group – I’ve spoken to the Denver and Boulder groups, committed to Co Springs and Charlotte (remotely) in March.
- Speak at one SQLSaturday – Not scheduled, Pensacola is a possibility in June.
- Comment on blog posts that I think are interesting. I comment regularly here when I see something I like.
- Update my blog roll to show who I think is interesting. I should at least do this monthly. I’ve done this once, so I’m on track. Need to do it for Feb.
- Grow the SSC audience to 1.4mm members by the end of the year. Slightly behind the pace here.
- Give all new articles a first review within 7 days. I am failing here. Just too many articles are coming in so far, about 10 a week.
- Not miss sending any newsletters. I think I missed 3 this year. so far so good.
- Build something useful with .NET/SQL Server. It needs to be for SSC. I’m thinking of redoing my personal site, but I’ve been looking at Dot Net Nuke, so that wouldn’t qualify. Still need a project.