http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/2009/01/06/goals-for-2009/ Printed 2015/03/29 02:19AM
Goals for 2009
I wrote a bit of an analysis for my 2008 goals, but didn’t really list any for 2009. Partially because I hadn’t written them. So I decided to put a few down. These aren’t Red Gate goals, and they’re not necessarily part of my review (unless my boss sees them), but they’re things I’d like to see happen at SQLServerCentral and for me in 2009.
- Continue with 400 posts a month – It’s a good goal
- Blog Daily – Every week day for the year. It’s a lot, but I’d like to try
- Speak at each Denver area user group
- Speak at one SQLSaturday
- Comment on blog posts that I think are interesting.
- Update my blog roll to show who I think is interesting. I should at least do this monthly.
- Grow the SSC audience to 1.4mm members by the end of the year.
- Give all new articles a first review within 7 days. I’ve been bad about this at
times, but I should at least get initial feedback quickly.
- Not miss sending any newsletters. I think I missed 3 this year.
- Build something useful with .NET/SQL Server. It needs to be for SSC.
I’m going to drop these in an Outlook reminder, set to pop up every month to keep them on my mind and get me motivated. I think this is a good list for now, but I need to develop some measures to determine if I’m successful.
Hopefully I’ll get those written for tomorrow.